OTTAWA (September 10, 2009) - As more small businesses come to depend on mobile or virtual workers - IDC Research predicts the number of mobile workers will increase to 850 million worldwide by year's end, and 1 billion by 2011 - they are being challenged to keep voice communications straightforward and easy to manage. The my1voice virtual phone service solves these issues for as little as $10 per month by providing the type of mobility-enhancing features normally found only in expensive corporate systems. And there are no equipment costs or fees to pay for telecommunications professionals to manage it.
Key among my1voice's advantages is the ability to use one toll-free or local phone number to reach anyone in the organization, regardless of where they're located. Unlike equipment-based business phone systems that restrict extensions to the building where the equipment is housed, extensions on the my1voice service can be assigned to any land line, mobile or VoIP phone, allowing calls to be routed directly to mobile or virtual workers.
"Being mobile and yet easy to reach is key for business success, especially in small businesses," said Steve Adams, vice president of marketing for Protus, the provider of my1voice. "But there is also a need for simplicity and affordability in communications. my1voice allows small businesses to achieve both ends so they can serve their customers or clients more effectively and efficiently."
Other features that make my1voice ideal for small businesses with mobile or virtual workers include:
- Smart call forwarding. Forwarding an extension to one or more mobile or home phones allows users to respond in real time to incoming calls - even when they're not in the office. Users can choose whether to ring all selected numbers in sequence or at the same time.
- Enhanced, professional voicemail. my1voice automatically notifies users when they have messages via email, phone or text messages, and will even forward voicemail files to email, eliminating the need to call the system to retrieve messages. Users can record "unavailable" and busy greetings asking callers to leave a message when they don't answer or are busy on another call.
- Live call forwarding. Employees who need to leave the office in the middle of a call can seamlessly forward calls from an office phone to a mobile or smart phone.
- Caller ID tagging. Calls coming to a phone with caller ID via my1voice will show a special identification so users know whether the call is business-related or personal.
- Caller ID routing. Users can route important customer or other phone numbers directly to their phones rather than going through the virtual receptionist to assure they don't miss those calls when they're away.
- Conference calling. my1voice makes it easy to conduct conference calls by allowing users to add an unlimited number of people to any call as-needed. It's ideal for company meetings as well as customer/client calls where additional resources are required.
my1voice is available for as little as $10 per month, with additional plans based on how many minutes per month the small business expects to use.
For more information about my1voice and all the features it offers visit www.my1voice.com and http://blog.my1voice.com.
my1voice is a cost-effective, feature-rich virtual phone service designed specifically for small businesses that want professional-quality telephone services without the overhead of installing and maintaining special equipment. my1voice allows companies to gain benefits including a virtual receptionist for voicemail and call forwarding, and a single local or toll-free phone number with unlimited extensions to reach all employees, whether in the office, mobile or working remotely. my1voice is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business communications service provided by Protus. Other offerings include MyFax, the fastest-growing Internet fax service and Campaigner, an email marketing solution with advanced automation features, used by individuals, small, medium and large business. Additional information is available at www.my1voice.com.